A guided, Welsh language tour of Wrexham’s football heritage.
Wrexham Museum and the future Football Museum Wales team present: The Football Heritage Tour of Wrexham – a look at the people, places and events that shaped football in Wrexham and across the whole of Wales.
This guided walk through the streets of Wrexham will take you to some of the most iconic and recognisable places in the city and connects the dots between landmarks, football and community.
The history of football in Wrexham is a story that started over 150 years ago with local people at the centre. Our tour aims to introduce you to these people from all those years ago and make sure that their stories remain at the beating heart of Wrexham’s history as the birthplace of Welsh football.
- This tour will be delivered in Welsh. An English language tour is also available.
- The tour begins on the forecourt of Wrexham Museum, Regent Street, LL11 1RB. Please gather here 15 minutes before the start time of your tour.
- A minimum of 5 people is required for each tour to go ahead. If there should not be enough people, we will contact you to either offer you a place on another tour or a refund.
- Recommended age for the tour is 12+.
- Tours may need to be postponed during periods of extreme/dangerous weather. We will notify you if this happens.
- Comfortable/sensible footwear is advisable, with the tour taking place mainly on well-maintained footpaths.
- The ticket charge of £3pp is an introductory offer price.
- For information on group bookings please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We regret we are unable to offer refunds for customer cancellations or no shows.
How to book
- Tickets are £3 each
- You can book a place online via our eventbrite page.
- You can also book a space by visiting Wrexham Museum in person
- Or book by phone: Wrexham Museum, Regent Street, LL11 1RB, 01978 297460